Woodvines upcoming performances

Sunday March 15th in duo with Stefan Van den Bossche 7:30 - 9:30 Waters edge restaurant BougainvilleaHotel

March 28th and 29th Harrison College Mosaic II at the Frank Collymore hall


Monday 3 June 2013

Branford Marsalis and his saxophone teacher Harvey Pittel

While perusing the internet late last night, I came across this wonderful YouTube video of a masterclass featuring one of my favorite saxophonists Branford Marsalis (Courtesy of Amsterdam winds). You can see the video below or follow this link.
This masterclass is valuable for anyone interested in performing jazz regardless of your instrument...

                                                 

Branford speaks on a variety of subjects in his usual down to earth manner. At one point an audience member asks him if he currently has a teacher to which he replies "Yes, Harvey Pittel". So of course I had to stay up even later and search for Harvey Pittel on You tube and I found a treasure trove of videos from this interesting and highly accomplished teacher.
Here they are!


 


I've only posted the first 4 parts of the full 14 part series - obviously if these are useful to you then you can check out the rest. I'm still trying to digest them all myself...happy viewing!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Mr. Woodvine, thanks for the videos, even though I don't play the sax, they are very educational and informative.

    Jason Catlyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are most welcome, glad they were helpful!

    ReplyDelete